Mission and values
To advance the interests of its members, ICDE works to:
- Promote greater educational opportunity for all in the name of personal and national development.
- Further the acceptance of a wider range of learning modes.
- Drive best practice and the highest standards of educational provision.
- Support the development of new methodologies, and use of new technologies.
- Provide opportunities for professional interaction.
- Encourage and support linguistic groups and networks at national, regional and global levels.
- Promote intercultural cooperation and understanding.
The following strategic objectives have been identified for 2013-2016:
- To promote the importance of open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning in educational policy.
- To encourage quality in open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning.
- To support the development of new methodologies and technologies.
- To facilitate cooperation and networking among members.
- To strengthen ICDE membership and governance, and engage members in collaborative activity and organizational development.
ICDE's Strategic Plan for 2013-2016 was developed with the involvement of the ICDE membership. Open online consultations with members in the form of focus groups were held in September and October 2012. Key external stakeholders were subsequently consulted. In November 2012, at the Standing Conference of Presidents (SCOP) meeting in Dubai, leaders of ICDE member organizations discussed the draft strategy and recommended priorities in plenary session and in groups. The ICDE Executive Committee developed the final Strategic Plan taking into consideration input from the entire process.
ICDE, an NGO having consultative status with UNESCO, shares that agency’s key aim – the attainment of quality education for all.
ICDE, supported by the Government of Norway, and with its Secretariat in Oslo, operates under Norwegian law.
ICDE's actions are guided by the following values:
ICDE is member focused – ICDE is an organization which involves members in decision making, in cooperative action and in cooperative problem solving.
ICDE is transparent – members are able to follow the activities and decisions of ICDE.
ICDE believes that the needs of the learner must be central in the pursuit of education as a universal right.
Last Updated on Thursday, August 27, 2015 03:47 AM